WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. evocative, redolent, remindful, reminiscent, resonant, mindful (vs. unmindful), aware
- usage: serving to bring to mind; "cannot forbear to close on this redolent literary note"- Wilder Hobson; "a campaign redolent of machine politics"
- 2. redolent(predicate), smelling(predicate), odorous (vs. odorless)
- usage: (used with `of' or `with') noticeably odorous; "the hall was redolent of floor wax"; "air redolent with the fumes of beer and whiskey"
- 3. aromatic, redolent, fragrant (vs. malodorous)
- usage: having a strong pleasant odor; "the pine woods were more redolent"- Jean Stafford
All rights reserved.
See also: redolent (Dictionary)