Synonyms of radiate
- 1. radiate, emit, give out, give off
- usage: send out rays or waves; "The sun radiates heat"
- 2. radiate, emit, breathe, pass off
- usage: send out real or metaphoric rays; "She radiates happiness"
- 3. radiate, ray, run, go, pass, lead, extend
- usage: extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center; "spokes radiate from the hub of the wheel"; "This plants radiate spines in all directions"
- 4. glow, beam, radiate, shine, look, appear, seem
- usage: have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
- 5. radiate, cause to be perceived
- usage: cause to be seen by emitting light as if in rays; "The sun is radiating"
- 6. glow, beam, radiate, shine, feel, experience
- usage: experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
- 7. radiate, issue, emerge, come out, come forth, go forth, egress
- usage: issue or emerge in rays or waves; "Heat radiated from the metal box"
- 8. diversify, radiate, change, alter, vary
- usage: spread into new habitats and produce variety or variegate; "The plants on this island diversified"
- 1. radial, stellate, radiate, symmetrical (vs. asymmetrical), symmetric
- usage: arranged like rays or radii; radiating from a common center; "radial symmetry"; "a starlike or stellate arrangement of petals"; "many cities show a radial pattern of main highways"
- 2. radiate, compound (vs. simple)
- usage: having rays or ray-like parts as in the flower heads of daisies
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of radiate (Dictionary)