- 1. quotation mark, quote, inverted comma, punctuation, punctuation mark
- usage: a punctuation mark used to attribute the enclosed text to someone else
- 2. quotation, quote, citation, excerpt, excerption, extract, selection
- usage: a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. quote, cite, repeat, reiterate, ingeminate, iterate, restate, retell
- usage: repeat a passage from; "He quoted the Bible to her"
- 2. quote, give
- usage: name the price of; "quote prices for cars"
- 3. quote, cite, mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer
- usage: refer to for illustration or proof; "He said he could quote several instances of this behavior"
- 4. quote, punctuate, mark
- usage: put quote marks around; "Here the author is quoting his colleague"
All rights reserved.
See also: quote (Dictionary)