- 1. frisson, shiver, chill, quiver, shudder, thrill, tingle, fear, fearfulness, fright
- usage: an almost pleasurable sensation of fright; "a frisson of surprise shot through him"
- 2. shaking, shakiness, trembling, quiver, quivering, vibration, palpitation, motion
- usage: a shaky motion; "the shaking of his fingers as he lit his pipe"
- 3. quiver, case
- usage: case for holding arrows
- 4. vibration, quiver, quivering, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: the act of vibrating
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. quiver, quake, palpitate, tremble
- usage: shake with fast, tremulous movements; "His nostrils palpitated"
- 2. flicker, waver, flitter, flutter, quiver, move back and forth
- usage: move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
- 3. pulsate, beat, quiver, move
- usage: move with or as if with a regular alternating motion; "the city pulsated with music and excitement"
All rights reserved.
See also: quiver (Dictionary)