Synonyms of questioning
- 1. questioning, inquiring, request, asking
- usage: a request for information
- 1. question, oppugn, call into question, challenge
- usage: challenge the accuracy, probity, or propriety of; "We must question your judgment in this matter"
- 2. interrogate, question, ask
- usage: pose a series of questions to; "The suspect was questioned by the police"; "We questioned the survivor about the details of the explosion"
- 3. question, query, ask
- usage: pose a question
- 4. interview, question, converse, discourse
- usage: conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
- 5. wonder, question, chew over, think over, meditate, ponder, excogitate, contemplate, muse, reflect, mull, mull over, ruminate, speculate
- usage: place in doubt or express doubtful speculation; "I wonder whether this was the right thing to do"; "she wondered whether it would snow tonight"
- 1. questioning, quizzical, perplexed (vs. unperplexed)
- usage: perplexed (as if being expected to know something that you do not know); "he had a quizzical expression"
- 2. doubting, questioning, skeptical, sceptical, distrustful (vs. trustful)
- usage: marked by or given to doubt; "a skeptical attitude"; "a skeptical listener"
- 3. inquisitive, speculative, questioning, wondering(prenominal), curious (vs. incurious)
- usage: showing curiosity; "if someone saw a man climbing a light post they might get inquisitive"; "raised a speculative eyebrow"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of questioning (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.