- 1. question, inquiry, enquiry, query, interrogation, questioning, inquiring
- usage: an instance of questioning; "there was a question about my training"; "we made inquiries of all those who were present"
- 2. question, head, subject, topic, theme
- usage: the subject matter at issue; "the question of disease merits serious discussion"; "under the head of minor Roman poets"
- 3. question, interrogation, interrogative, interrogative sentence, sentence
- usage: a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply; "he asked a direct question"; "he had trouble phrasing his interrogations"
- 4. doubt, dubiousness, doubtfulness, question, uncertainty, uncertainness, precariousness
- usage: uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something; "the dubiousness of his claim"; "there is no question about the validity of the enterprise"
- 5. motion, question, proposal
- usage: a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote; "he made a motion to adjourn"; "she called for the question"
- 6. question, marriage proposal, proposal of marriage, marriage offer, proposal
- usage: an informal reference to a marriage proposal; "he was ready to pop the question"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. question, oppugn, call into question, challenge
- usage: challenge the accuracy, probity, or propriety of; "We must question your judgment in this matter"
- 2. interrogate, question, ask
- usage: pose a series of questions to; "The suspect was questioned by the police"; "We questioned the survivor about the details of the explosion"
- 3. question, query, ask
- usage: pose a question
- 4. interview, question, converse, discourse
- usage: conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
- 5. wonder, question, chew over, think over, meditate, ponder, excogitate, contemplate, muse, reflect, mull, mull over, ruminate, speculate
- usage: place in doubt or express doubtful speculation; "I wonder whether this was the right thing to do"; "she wondered whether it would snow tonight"
All rights reserved.
See also: question (Dictionary)