- 1. pursuit, pursuance, quest, search
- usage: a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria; "the pursuit of love"; "life is more than the pursuance of fame"; "a quest for wealth"
- 2. quest, seeking, search, hunt, hunting
- usage: the act of searching for something; "a quest for diamonds"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. quest, seek
- usage: make a search (for); "Things that die with their eyes open and questing"; "The animal came questing through the forest"
- 2. quest, chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track
- usage: search the trail of (game); "The dog went off and quested"
- 3. bay, quest, bark
- usage: bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
- 4. quest, solicit, beg, tap
- usage: seek alms, as for religious purposes
- 5. request, bespeak, call for, quest, communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across
- usage: express the need or desire for; ask for; "She requested an extra bed in her room"; "She called for room service"
All rights reserved.
See also: quest (Dictionary)