Synonyms of quelled
- 1. squelch, quell, quench, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: suppress or crush completely; "squelch any sign of dissent"; "quench a rebellion"
- 2. quell, stay, appease, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
- usage: overcome or allay; "quell my hunger"
- 1. quelled, quenched, squelched, suppressed (vs. publicized)
- usage: subdued or overcome; "the quelled rebellion"; "an uprising quenched almost before it started"; "a squelched rumor"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.