- 1. Quaternary, Quaternary period, Age of Man
- usage: last 2 million years
- 2. four, 4, IV, tetrad, quatern, quaternion, quaternary, quaternity, quartet, quadruplet, foursome, Little Joe, digit, figure
- usage: the cardinal number that is the sum of three and one
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. quaternate, quaternary, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: consisting of or especially arranged in sets of four; "quaternate leaves"; "a quaternary compound"
- 2. fourth, 4th, quaternary, ordinal (vs. cardinal)
- usage: coming next after the third and just before the fifth in position or time or degree or magnitude; "the quaternary period of geologic time extends from the end of the tertiary period to the present"
All rights reserved.
See also: quaternary (Dictionary)