Synonyms of quaternary
- 1. Quaternary, Quaternary period, Age of Man
- usage: last 2 million years
- 2. four, 4, IV, tetrad, quatern, quaternion, quaternary, quaternity, quartet, quadruplet, foursome, Little Joe, digit, figure
- usage: the cardinal number that is the sum of three and one
- 1. quaternate, quaternary, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: consisting of or especially arranged in sets of four; "quaternate leaves"; "a quaternary compound"
- 2. fourth, 4th, quaternary, ordinal (vs. cardinal)
- usage: coming next after the third and just before the fifth in position or time or degree or magnitude; "the quaternary period of geologic time extends from the end of the tertiary period to the present"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of quaternary (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.