Synonyms of quartering
- 1. quartering, coat of arms, arms, blazon, blazonry
- usage: a coat of arms that occupies one quarter of an escutcheon; combining four coats of arms on one shield usually represented intermarriages
- 2. quartering, housing, lodging, living accommodations
- usage: living accommodations (especially those assigned to military personnel)
- 3. quartering, division
- usage: dividing into four equal parts
- 1. quarter, billet, canton, lodge, accommodate
- usage: provide housing for (military personnel)
- 2. draw, quarter, draw and quarter, kill
- usage: pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him; "in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes"
- 3. quarter, segment, section
- usage: divide into quarters; "quarter an apple"
- 4. quarter, divide, fraction
- usage: divide by four; divide into quarters
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of quartering (Dictionary)