- 1. quarantine, isolation
- usage: enforced isolation of patients suffering from a contagious disease in order to prevent the spread of disease
- 2. quarantine, isolation, closing off
- usage: isolation to prevent the spread of infectious disease
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. quarantine, isolate, insulate
- usage: place into enforced isolation, as for medical reasons; "My dog was quarantined before he could live in England"
All rights reserved.
See also: quarantine (Dictionary)