Synonyms of puffed
- 1. puff, whiff, smoke
- usage: smoke and exhale strongly; "puff a cigar"; "whiff a pipe"
- 2. puff, drag, draw, inhale, inspire, breathe in
- usage: suck in or take (air); "draw a deep breath"; "draw on a cigarette"
- 3. pant, puff, gasp, heave, blow
- usage: breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted; "The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily"
- 4. puff, elate, lift up, uplift, pick up, intoxicate
- usage: make proud or conceited; "The sudden fame puffed her ego"
- 5. puff, puff up, praise
- usage: praise extravagantly; "The critics puffed up this Broadway production"
- 6. puff, boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade
- usage: speak in a blustering or scornful manner; "A puffing kind of man"
- 7. puff, puff up, blow up, puff out, swell, swell up, intumesce, tumefy, tumesce
- usage: to swell or cause to enlarge, "Her faced puffed up from the drugs"; "puffed out chests"
- 8. puff, huff, chuff, blow
- usage: blow hard and loudly; "he huffed and puffed as he made his way up the mountain"
- 1. puff, puffed, fancy (vs. plain)
- usage: gathered for protruding fullness; "puff sleeves"
All rights reserved.