- 1. pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way; "She pronounces French words in a funny way"; "I cannot say `zip wire'"; "Can the child sound out this complicated word?"
- 2. pronounce, label, judge, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. marked, pronounced, noticeable (vs. unnoticeable)
- usage: strongly marked; easily noticeable; "walked with a marked limp"; "a pronounced flavor of cinnamon"
All rights reserved.
See also: pronounced (Dictionary)