WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prominence, standing
- usage: the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent
- 2. prominence, importance
- usage: relative importance
- 3. bulge, bump, hump, swelling, gibbosity, gibbousness, jut, prominence, protuberance, protrusion, extrusion, excrescence, projection
- usage: something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
All rights reserved.
See also: prominence (Dictionary)