- 1. pride, pridefulness, feeling
- usage: a feeling of self-respect and personal worth
- 2. pride, satisfaction
- usage: satisfaction with your (or another's) achievements; "he takes pride in his son's success"
- 3. pride, trait
- usage: the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards
- 4. pride, animal group
- usage: a group of lions
- 5. pride, superbia, mortal sin, deadly sin
- usage: unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pride, plume, congratulate, feel, experience
- usage: be proud of; "He prides himself on making it into law school"
All rights reserved.
See also: pride (Dictionary)