WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Pretender, claimant
- usage: a claimant to the throne or to the office of ruler (usually without just title)
- 2. imposter, impostor, pretender, fake, faker, fraud, sham, shammer, pseudo, pseud, role player, deceiver, cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker
- usage: a person who makes deceitful pretenses
- 3. hypocrite, dissembler, dissimulator, phony, phoney, pretender, deceiver, cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker
- usage: a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives
All rights reserved.
See also: pretender (Dictionary)