WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. preponderance, power, powerfulness
- usage: superiority in power or influence; "the preponderance of good over evil"; "the preponderance of wealth and power"
- 2. preponderance, prevalence, number, figure
- usage: a superiority in numbers or amount; "a preponderance of evidence against the defendant"
- 3. preponderance, heaviness, weightiness
- usage: exceeding in heaviness; having greater weight; "the least preponderance in either pan will unbalance the scale"
All rights reserved.
See also: preponderance (Dictionary)