Synonyms of predetermination
- 1. predestination, foreordination, preordination, predetermination, theological doctrine
- usage: (theology) being determined in advance; especially the doctrine (usually associated with Calvin) that God has foreordained every event throughout eternity (including the final salvation of mankind)
- 2. predetermination, decision, determination, conclusion
- usage: a mental determination or resolve in advance; an antecedent intention to do something; "he entered the argument with a predetermination to prove me wrong"
- 3. predetermination, determination, finding
- usage: the act of determining or ordaining in advance what is to take place
All rights reserved.