- 1. position, posture, attitude, bodily property
- usage: the arrangement of the body and its limbs; "he assumed an attitude of surrender"
- 2. carriage, bearing, posture, bodily property
- usage: characteristic way of bearing one's body; "stood with good posture"
- 3. position, stance, posture, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: a rationalized mental attitude
- 4. military capability, military strength, strength, military posture, posture, capability, capableness
- usage: capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war; "we faced an army of great strength"; "politicians have neglected our military posture"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pose, posture, behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry
- usage: behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others; "Don't pay any attention to him--he is always posing to impress his peers!"; "She postured and made a total fool of herself"
- 2. model, pose, sit, posture, expose, exhibit, display
- usage: assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
All rights reserved.
See also: posture (Dictionary)