Synonyms of postulate
- 1. postulate, posit, proposition
- usage: (logic) a proposition that is accepted as true in order to provide a basis for logical reasoning
- 1. contend, postulate, claim
- usage: maintain or assert; "He contended that Communism had no future"
- 2. postulate, posit, presuppose, suppose
- usage: take as a given; assume as a postulate or axiom; "He posited three basic laws of nature"
- 3. necessitate, ask, postulate, need, require, take, involve, call for, demand
- usage: require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"; "This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of postulate (Dictionary)