WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. planet, major planet, celestial body, heavenly body
- usage: (astronomy) any of the nine large celestial bodies in the solar system that revolve around the sun and shine by reflected light; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto in order of their proximity to the sun; viewed from the constellation Hercules, all the planets rotate around the sun in a counterclockwise direction
- 2. satellite, planet, follower
- usage: a person who follows or serves another
- 3. planet, celestial body, heavenly body
- usage: any celestial body (other than comets or satellites) that revolves around a star
All rights reserved.
See also: planet (Dictionary)