- 1. pith, plant tissue
- usage: soft spongelike central cylinder of the stems of most flowering plants
- 2. kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pith, get rid of, remove
- usage: remove the pith from (a plant)
All rights reserved.
See also: pith (Dictionary)