WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Perry, Ralph Barton Perry
- usage: United States philosopher (1876-1957)
- 2. Perry, Matthew Calbraith Perry
- usage: United States admiral who led a naval expedition to Japan and signed a treaty in 1854 opening up trade relations between United States and Japan; brother of Oliver Hazard Perry (1794-1858)
- 3. Perry, Oliver Hazard Perry, Commodore Perry
- usage: United States commodore who led the fleet that defeated the British on Lake Erie during the War of 1812; brother of Matthew Calbraith Perry (1785-1819)
- 4. perry, alcohol, alcoholic drink, alcoholic beverage, intoxicant, inebriant
- usage: a fermented and often effervescent beverage made from juice of pears; similar in taste to hard cider
All rights reserved.
See also: perry (Dictionary)