WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. penetrate, perforate, enter, come in, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into
- usage: pass into or through, often by overcoming resistance; "The bullet penetrated her chest"
- 2. penetrate, fathom, bottom, understand
- usage: come to understand
- 3. click, get through, dawn, come home, get across, sink in, penetrate, fall into place
- usage: become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions; "It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"
- 4. infiltrate, penetrate, join, fall in, get together
- usage: enter a group or organization in order to spy on the members; "The student organization was infiltrated by a traitor"
- 5. penetrate, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: make one's way deeper into or through; "The hikers did not manage to penetrate the dense forest"
- 6. penetrate, insert, infix, enter, introduce
- usage: insert the penis into the vagina or anus of; "Did the molester penetrate the child?"
- 7. permeate, pervade, penetrate, interpenetrate, diffuse, imbue, riddle, penetrate, perforate
- usage: spread or diffuse through; "An atmosphere of distrust has permeated this administration"; "music penetrated the entire building"; "His campaign was riddled with accusations and personal attacks"
All rights reserved.
See also: penetrate (Dictionary)