- 1. desquamation, peeling, shedding, organic phenomenon
- usage: loss of bits of outer skin by peeling or shedding or coming off in scales
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. skin, peel, pare, strip
- usage: strip the skin off; "pare apples"
- 2. peel off, peel, flake off, flake, chip, chip off, come off, break away, break off
- usage: come off in flakes or thin small pieces; "The paint in my house is peeling off"
- 3. undress, discase, uncase, unclothe, strip, strip down, disrobe, peel, take off
- usage: get undressed; "please don't undress in front of everybody!"; "She strips in front of strangers every night for a living"
All rights reserved.
See also: peeling (Dictionary)