WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. paternal
- usage: belonging to or inherited from one's father; "spent his childhood on the paternal farm"; "paternal traits"
- 2. paternal (vs. maternal), fatherly, fatherlike, paternalistic, patriarchal
- usage: characteristic of a father
- 3. parental (vs. filial), maternal, paternal
- usage: relating to or characteristic of or befitting a parent; "parental guidance"
- 4. agnate, agnatic, paternal, related (vs. unrelated)
- usage: related on the father's side; "a paternal aunt"
All rights reserved.
See also: paternal (Dictionary)