- 1. parole, word, word of honor, promise
- usage: a promise; "he gave his word"
- 2. password, watchword, word, parole, countersign, positive identification, secret, arcanum
- usage: a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group; "he forgot the password"
- 3. parole, liberation, release, freeing
- usage: (law) a conditional release from imprisonment that entitles the person to serve the remainder of the sentence outside the prison as long as the terms of release are complied with
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. parole, free, liberate, release, unloose, unloosen, loose
- usage: release a criminal from detention and place him on parole; "The prisoner was paroled after serving 10 years in prison"
All rights reserved.
See also: parole (Dictionary)