- 1. pad, pad of paper, tablet, paper
- usage: a number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge
- 2. pad, leaf, leafage, foliage
- usage: the large floating leaf of an aquatic plant (as the water lily)
- 3. pad, inkpad, inking pad, stamp pad, block
- usage: a block of absorbent material saturated with ink; used to transfer ink evenly to a rubber stamp
- 4. pad, padding, cushioning
- usage: a flat mass of soft material used for protection, stuffing, or comfort
- 5. launching pad, launchpad, launch pad, launch area, pad, platform
- usage: a platform from which rockets or space craft are launched
- 6. diggings, digs, domiciliation, lodgings, pad, living quarters, quarters
- usage: temporary living quarters
- 7. pad, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: the fleshy cushion-like underside of an animal's foot or of a human's finger
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. embroider, pad, lard, embellish, aggrandize, aggrandise, blow up, dramatize, dramatise, overstate, exaggerate, overdraw, hyperbolize, hyperbolise, magnify, amplify
- usage: add details to
- 2. slog, footslog, plod, trudge, pad, tramp, walk
- usage: walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud; "Mules plodded in a circle around a grindstone"
- 3. pad, fill out, stuff
- usage: line or stuff with soft material; "pad a bra"
- 4. pad, bolster, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: add padding to; "pad the seat of the chair"
All rights reserved.
See also: pad (Dictionary)