Synonyms of overshadow
- 1. overshadow, dominate, eclipse, brood, hover, loom, bulk large
- usage: be greater in significance than; "the tragedy overshadowed the couple's happiness"
- 2. shadow, overshadow, dwarf, dominate, command, overlook, overtop
- usage: make appear small by comparison; "This year's debt dwarfs that of last year"
- 3. overshadow, obscure, befog, becloud, obnubilate, haze over, fog, cloud, mist
- usage: cast a shadow upon; "The tall tree overshadowed the house"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of overshadow (Dictionary)