WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. effusion, gush, outburst, blowup, ebullition, expression, manifestation, reflection, reflexion
- usage: an unrestrained expression of emotion
- 2. outburst, burst, flare-up, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: a sudden intense happening; "an outburst of heavy rain"; "a burst of lightning"
- 3. outburst, tumultuous disturbance, disturbance
- usage: a sudden violent disturbance
All rights reserved.
See also: outburst (Dictionary)