Synonyms of offending
- 1. pique, offend, anger
- usage: cause to feel resentment or indignation; "Her tactless remark offended me"
- 2. transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break, disrespect
- usage: act in disregard of laws, rules, contracts, or promises; "offend all laws of humanity"; "violate the basic laws or human civilization"; "break a law"; "break a promise"
- 3. shock, offend, scandalize, scandalise, appal, appall, outrage, disgust, revolt, nauseate, sicken, churn up
- usage: strike with disgust or revulsion; "The scandalous behavior of this married woman shocked her friends"
- 4. hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: hurt the feelings of; "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised my ego"
- 1. offending (vs. unoffending), sinning, offensive, violative
- usage: offending against or breaking a law or rule; "contracts offending against the statute were canceled"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.