- 1. obstinate, persevere, persist, hang in, hang on, hold on
- usage: persist stubbornly; "he obstinates himself against all rational arguments"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stubborn (vs. docile), obstinate, unregenerate, bloody-minded, cantankerous, bolshy, stroppy, bullheaded, bullet-headed, pigheaded, dogged, dour, persistent, pertinacious, tenacious, unyielding, contrarious, cross-grained, determined, hardheaded, mulish, stiff-necked, strong-minded, strong-willed, disobedient, intractable, uncompromising#1, sturdy#2, inflexible
- usage: tenaciously unwilling or marked by tenacious unwillingness to yield
- 2. cussed, obdurate, obstinate, unrepentant, unregenerate (vs. regenerate), unregenerated
- usage: stubbornly persistent in wrongdoing
- 3. contrary, obstinate, perverse, wayward, disobedient (vs. obedient)
- usage: resistant to guidance or discipline; "Mary Mary quite contrary"; "an obstinate child with a violent temper"; "a perverse mood"; "wayward behavior"
All rights reserved.
See also: obstinate (Dictionary)