- 1. haunt, obsess, ghost, preoccupy
- usage: haunt like a ghost; pursue; "Fear of illness haunts her"
- 2. obsess, worry
- usage: be preoccupied with something; "She is obsessing over her weight"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. haunted, obsessed, preoccupied, taken up(predicate), concerned (vs. unconcerned)
- usage: having or showing excessive or compulsive concern with something; "became more and more haunted by the stupid riddle"; "was absolutely obsessed with the girl"; "got no help from his wife who was preoccupied with the children"; "he was taken up in worry for the old woman"
- 2. obsessed, possessed(predicate), controlled (vs. uncontrolled)
- usage: influenced or controlled by a powerful force such as a strong emotion; "by love possessed"
All rights reserved.
See also: obsessed (Dictionary)