- 1. nurse, health professional, primary care provider, PCP, health care provider, caregiver
- usage: one skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
- 2. nanny, nursemaid, nurse, woman, adult female, keeper
- usage: a woman who is the custodian of children
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nurse, treat, care for
- usage: try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury; "He nursed his cold with Chinese herbs"
- 2. harbor, harbour, hold, entertain, nurse, feel, experience
- usage: maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings); "bear a grudge"; "entertain interesting notions"; "harbor a resentment"
- 3. nurse, care, give care
- usage: serve as a nurse; care for sick or handicapped people
- 4. nurse, treat, handle, do by
- usage: treat carefully; "He nursed his injured back by lying in bed several hours every afternoon"; "He nursed the flowers in his garden and fertilized them regularly"
- 5. breastfeed, suckle, suck, nurse, wet-nurse, lactate, give suck, feed, give
- usage: give suck to; "The wetnurse suckled the infant"; "You cannot nurse your baby in public in some places"
All rights reserved.
See also: nurse (Dictionary)