WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nomination, appointment, assignment, designation, naming
- usage: the act of officially naming a candidate; "the Republican nomination for Governor"
- 2. nomination, condition, status
- usage: the condition of having been proposed as a suitable candidate for appointment or election; "there was keen competition for the nomination"; "his nomination was hotly protested"
- 3. nominating speech, nominating address, nomination, oratory
- usage: an address (usually at a political convention) proposing the name of a candidate to run for election; "the nomination was brief and to the point"
All rights reserved.
See also: nomination (Dictionary)