Synonyms of mess
- 1. mess, messiness, muss, mussiness, disorderliness, disorder
- usage: a state of confusion and disorderliness; "the house was a mess"; "she smoothed the mussiness of the bed"
- 2. fix, hole, jam, mess, muddle, pickle, kettle of fish, difficulty
- usage: informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
- 3. mess, nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals
- usage: soft semiliquid food; "a mess of porridge"
- 4. mess, meal, repast
- usage: a meal eaten in a mess hall by service personnel
- 5. mess, mess hall, dining room, dining-room
- usage: a (large) military dining room where service personnel eat or relax
- 6. batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
- 1. mess, eat
- usage: eat in a mess hall
- 2. mess, mess up, disorder, disarray
- usage: make a mess of or create disorder in; "He messed up his room"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of mess (Dictionary)