- 1. menace, threat, danger
- usage: something that is a source of danger; "earthquakes are a constant threat in Japan"
- 2. menace, threat
- usage: a threat or the act of threatening; "he spoke with desperate menace"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. endanger, jeopardize, jeopardise, menace, threaten, imperil, peril, exist, be
- usage: pose a threat to; present a danger to; "The pollution is endangering the crops"
- 2. menace, express, show, evince
- usage: express a threat either by an utterance or a gesture; "he menaced the bank manager with a stick"
- 3. menace, act, behave, do
- usage: act in a threatening manner; "A menacing person"
All rights reserved.
See also: menace (Dictionary)