WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Mace, Chemical Mace, chloroacetophenone, CN gas
- usage: (trademark) a liquid that temporarily disables a person; prepared as an aerosol and sprayed in the face, it irritates the eyes and causes dizziness and immobilization
- 2. macebearer, mace, macer, official, functionary
- usage: an official who carries a mace of office
- 3. mace, spice
- usage: spice made from the dried fleshy covering of the nutmeg seed
- 4. mace, staff
- usage: a ceremonial staff carried as a symbol of office or authority
All rights reserved.
See also: mace (Dictionary)