- 1. loft, floor, level, storey, story
- usage: floor consisting of a large unpartitioned space over a factory or warehouse or other commercial space
- 2. loft, attic, garret, floor, level, storey, story
- usage: floor consisting of open space at the top of a house just below roof; often used for storage
- 3. loft, pitch, rake, slant
- usage: (golf) the backward slant on the head of some golf clubs that is designed to drive the ball high in the air
- 4. loft, pigeon loft, shelter
- usage: a raised shelter in which pigeons are kept
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. loft, store
- usage: store in a loft
- 2. loft, propel, impel
- usage: propel through the air; "The rocket lofted the space shuttle into the air"
- 3. loft, hit
- usage: kick or strike high in the air; "loft a ball"
- 4. loft, lay out
- usage: lay out a full-scale working drawing of the lines of a vessel's hull
All rights reserved.
See also: loft (Dictionary)