- 1. oversight, lapse, mistake, error, fault
- usage: a mistake resulting from inattention
- 2. lapse, pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension
- usage: a break or intermission in the occurrence of something; "a lapse of three weeks between letters"
- 3. backsliding, lapse, lapsing, relapse, relapsing, reversion, reverting, failure
- usage: a failure to maintain a higher state
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sink, pass, lapse, move
- usage: pass into a specified state or condition; "He sank into nirvana"
- 2. lapse, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: end, at least for a long time; "The correspondence lapsed"
- 3. lapse, backslide, slip, drop off, drop away, fall away
- usage: drop to a lower level, as in one's morals or standards
- 4. relapse, lapse, recidivate, regress, retrogress, fall back, revert, return, retrovert, regress, turn back
- usage: go back to bad behavior; "Those who recidivate are often minor criminals"
- 5. lapse, forfeit, give up, throw overboard, waive, forgo, forego
- usage: let slip; "He lapsed his membership"
- 6. elapse, lapse, pass, slip by, glide by, slip away, go by, slide by, go along, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: pass by; "three years elapsed"
All rights reserved.
See also: lapse (Dictionary)