Synonyms of judge
- 1. judge, justice, jurist, official, functionary, adjudicator
- usage: a public official authorized to decide questions brought before a court of justice
- 2. evaluator, judge, authority
- usage: an authority who is able to estimate worth or quality
- 1. judge, decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate
- usage: determine the result of (a competition)
- 2. evaluate, pass judgment, judge, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: form a critical opinion of; "I cannot judge some works of modern art"; "How do you evaluate this grant proposal?" "We shouldn't pass judgment on other people"
- 3. estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
- 4. pronounce, label, judge, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
- 5. judge, adjudicate, try, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife"; "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of judge (Dictionary)