WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Jacquard, Joseph M. Jacquard, Joseph Marie Jacquard
- usage: French inventor of the Jacquard loom that could automatically weave complicated patterns (1752-1834)
- 2. jacquard, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a highly figured fabric woven on a Jacquard loom
- 3. Jacquard loom, Jacquard, loom
- usage: a loom with an attachment for forming openings for the passage of the shuttle between the warp threads; used in weaving figured fabrics
All rights reserved.
See also: jacquard (Dictionary)