WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invest, put, commit, place, spend, expend, drop
- usage: make an investment; "Put money into bonds"
- 2. endow, indue, gift, empower, invest, endue, enable
- usage: give qualities or abilities to
- 3. invest, clothe, adorn, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: furnish with power or authority; of kings or emperors
- 4. invest, vest, enthrone, install, instal
- usage: provide with power and authority; "They vested the council with special rights"
- 5. induct, invest, seat, install, instal
- usage: place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position; "there was a ceremony to induct the president of the Academy"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of invest (Dictionary)