- 1. instrument, device
- usage: a device that requires skill for proper use
- 2. instrument, tool, means, agency, way
- usage: the means whereby some act is accomplished; "my greed was the instrument of my destruction"; "science has given us new tools to fight disease"
- 3. instrument, pawn, cat's-paw, assistant, helper, help, supporter
- usage: a person used by another to gain an end
- 4. legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument, document, written document, papers
- usage: (law) a document that states some contractual relationship or grants some right
- 5. instrumental role, instrument, semantic role, participant role
- usage: the semantic role of the entity (usually inanimate) that the agent uses to perform an action or start a process
- 6. musical instrument, instrument, device
- usage: any of various devices or contrivances that can be used to produce musical tones or sounds
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. instrument, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: equip with instruments for measuring, recording, or controlling
- 2. instrument, instrumentate, compose, write
- usage: write an instrumental score for
- 3. instrument, address, direct
- usage: address a legal document to
All rights reserved.
See also: instrument (Dictionary)