WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. initiation, induction, installation, ceremony, ceremonial, ceremonial occasion, observance
- usage: a formal entry into an organization or position or office; "his initiation into the club"; "he was ordered to report for induction into the army"; "he gave a speech as part of his installation into the hall of fame"
- 2. initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, creation, innovation, introduction, instauration, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new; "she looked forward to her initiation as an adult"; "the foundation of a new scientific society"
- 3. knowledgeability, knowledgeableness, initiation, wisdom, wiseness
- usage: wisdom as evidenced by the possession of knowledge; "his knowledgeability impressed me"; "his dullness was due to lack of initiation"
- 4. trigger, induction, initiation, causing, causation
- usage: an act that sets in motion some course of events
All rights reserved.
See also: initiation (Dictionary)