- 1. hush, stillness, still, silence, quiet
- usage: (poetic) tranquil silence; "the still of the night"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hush, change
- usage: become quiet or still; fall silent; "hush my baby!"
- 2. hush, quieten, silence, still, shut up, hush up, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
- 3. quieten, hush, quiet, quiesce, quiet down, pipe down, change intensity
- usage: become quiet or quieter; "The audience fell silent when the speaker entered"
- 4. hush, wash, lave
- usage: wash by removing particles; "Wash ores"
- 5. hush, water, irrigate
- usage: run water over the ground to erode (soil), revealing the underlying strata and valuable minerals
All rights reserved.
See also: hush (Dictionary)