- 1. hawk, bird of prey, raptor, raptorial bird
- usage: diurnal bird of prey typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- 2. hawk, war hawk, militarist, warmonger
- usage: an advocate of an aggressive policy on foreign relations
- 3. mortarboard, hawk, board
- usage: a square board with a handle underneath; used by masons to hold or carry mortar
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. peddle, monger, huckster, hawk, vend, pitch, deal, sell, trade
- usage: sell or offer for sale from place to place
- 2. hawk, hunt, run, hunt down, track down
- usage: hunt with hawks; "the tribes like to hawk in the desert"
- 3. clear the throat, hawk, cough
- usage: clear mucus or food from one's throat; "he cleared his throat before he started to speak"
All rights reserved.
See also: hawk (Dictionary)