WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gravy, sauce
- usage: a sauce made by adding stock, flour, or other ingredients to the juice and fat that drips from cooking meats
- 2. gravy, pan gravy, juice
- usage: the seasoned but not thickened juices that drip from cooking meats; often a little water is added
- 3. boom, bonanza, gold rush, gravy, godsend, manna from heaven, windfall, bunce, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money); "the demand for testing has created a boom for those unregulated laboratories where boxes of specimen jars are processed like an assembly line"
All rights reserved.
See also: gravy (Dictionary)