- 1. giant, animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
- usage: any creature of exceptional size
- 2. colossus, behemoth, giant, heavyweight, titan, important person, influential person, personage
- usage: a person of exceptional importance and reputation
- 3. giant, enterprise
- usage: an unusually large enterprise; "Walton built a retail giant"
- 4. giant, hulk, heavyweight, whale, large person
- usage: a very large person; impressive in size or qualities
- 5. giant, goliath, behemoth, monster, colossus, anomaly, unusual person
- usage: someone or something that is abnormally large and powerful
- 6. giant, imaginary being, imaginary creature
- usage: an imaginary figure of superhuman size and strength; appears in folklore and fairy tales
- 7. giant star, giant, star
- usage: a very bright star of large diameter and low density (relative to the Sun)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elephantine, gargantuan, giant, jumbo, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: of great mass; huge and bulky; "a jumbo jet"; "jumbo shrimp"
All rights reserved.
See also: giant (Dictionary)