WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gallery, audience
- usage: spectators at a golf or tennis match
- 2. veranda, verandah, gallery, porch
- usage: a porch along the outside of a building (sometimes partly enclosed)
- 3. gallery, art gallery, picture gallery, room
- usage: a room or series of rooms where works of art are exhibited
- 4. gallery, room
- usage: a long usually narrow room used for some specific purpose; "shooting gallery"
- 5. gallery, corridor
- usage: a covered corridor (especially one extending along the wall of a building and supported with arches or columns)
- 6. gallery, balcony
- usage: narrow recessed balcony area along an upper floor on the interior of a building; usually marked by a colonnade
- 7. drift, heading, gallery, passageway
- usage: a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine; "they dug a drift parallel with the vein"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of gallery (Dictionary)